Brighten Up

Let the world see how magnificant you are

Friday, June 18, 2010

The love for discipline and obediance


Its been awhile since I've blogged hasn't it!! Did you miss my words =0)? So much has happened since I last blogged, which has been over a month, YIKES.

I've grown so much in my walk with God and have a bigger love for discipline and obedience! God loves those he disciplines and I gotta say he has a HUGE love for me and has a HUGE love for us all. He does not discipline to hurt us put to protect us, equip us, adjust make our life's easier. From experience I know it can be tough to obey when we don't "feel" like it but we have too. I just learned this by Joyce Meyers a few weeks ago, but I learned that a good way to help us obey God when our feelings and emotions get in the way is to talk yourself through it. Tell yourself, "I don't feel like doing this but I am" or "I really don't want to but I will" or even "This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever said or done but I will do it and say it". This has really helped me and I know it will help you. To obey God we have to trust Him, believe me he has nothing but good plans for you anyways, ready Jeremiah 29:11. God had me start obeying Him in the little things so I can get used to Him and everyday I noticed my self progressing in His obedience with bigger things. I would start by asking Him little things like what to wear and now its gotten to were I am obeying Him in much more bigger things like shutting my mouth when I just want to make a point and give my opinions. Disobedience can be an addiction, we all have to start somewhere and take it a day at a time and progressing.

Discipline and obedience has really helped me and to be honest I truly feel like I am a child of a King, literally. I feel like I am really His daughter and this has been done just by continual obedience to his every word. I am not perfect and I have a lot to work on and God has a lot more to fix in my life but I am on the right track and I truly truly am so humbled by it.

I hope you can experience this with me, especially those who are father less as I am, or has an absent father that doesn't listen, is a drunk, on drugs, abusive, violent, never there, caring but doesn't understand, a father that never encourages or talks to you. God can fill whatever empty part of your heart that your biological father has created, yes even those hearts that are completely empty and dry.

I BEG you to get closer to God, hear His heart and you too will so seriously feel the joy in knowing you are a child of the King, a beautiful princess and/or a warrior prince, you will not just know it but feel it and act it. God is waiting to talk to you, guide you, love you, discipline you, bless you, and so much more. Let him in I promise with all my heart you will live the life you have always dreamt of and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment